A Brave Space for Courageous Peace
4 Feb 2022
Webinar on Youth and Interfaith Relations during a time of uncertainty
Interfaith dialogue is often perceived as a theoretical practice for specialists, a formal activity that is disconnected from everyday life.
During the pandemic, however, young people have reached out in creative and constructive ways to engage in dialogue with friends from a variety of religious backgrounds. There have been conversations about coping with the impact of Covid-19 that draw on our respective spiritual resources. These conversations are taking place in everyday life, either through face-to-face meetings or online encounters. They challenge us to deepen our understanding of interfaith work and acknowledge the critical role of these dialogues in the work to build sustainable peace in all our communities.
The objective of this webinar is to facilitate a conversation between youth from different faith traditions, to share what they have learned about promoting constructive interfaith relations. It also seeks to draw out insights that can encourage more young people to contribute meaningfully in and beyond their own faith communities.
Join the Lutheran World Federation and the Al Amana Centre as we explore youth leadership in practical interfaith dialogue, spirituality in uncertainty, and the role of these dialogues in peacebuilding.
Welcome and Moderator
- Savanna Sullivan, LWF Program Executive for Youth
- Rev Dr Sivin Kit, LWF Program Executive for Public Theology and Interreligious Relations
Conversation with Young Leaders
- Rebecca Rajakanthan, Youth Worker, Lutheran Church in Singapore, Singapore.
- Mr. Jamie Evan Cohen, Development Chair, the San Francisco Hillel, United States of America
- Ms. Holi Deo, Intern, Al Amana Centre, Church of Bangladesh, Bangladesh
- Mr. Abdujalilu Amry Kishama, Law Student, Muslim University of Morogoro, Tanzania
- Seruni Fauzia, Youth Representative Ahmadiyya community, Indonesia
Rev. Aaro Rytkonen, Director of Strategic Planning, Development, and Partnerships, Al Amana Centre
- The Lutheran World Federation
- Al Amana Centre
Registration Deadline: 4 February 2022